EPEC™-O Module 3 - Symptoms
The exam will open in a new window, so that you may review the course material while taking the exam.
Please note that this exam has 85 questions total. Ensure that you have sufficient time to complete the exam before starting it.
- Discuss general assessment and management guidelines.
- Describe the possible causes and underlying pathophysiology.
- Conduct a careful assessment.
- Initiate management including rapid and breakthrough dosing.
- Describe the principles of multi-symptom management.
- Understand principle of double effect.
EPEC™-O self-study course
After completing the EPEC™-O Curriculum, the learner will be able to:
- Describe the scope of knowledge, attitudes, and skills that comprise the core palliative care competencies needed throughout the course of comprehensive cancer care.
- Incorporate the described treatment recommendations and approaches into clinical practice.
The learner may choose to complete the entire curriculum, or only those modules of particular interest, at his/her own pace. After completing each module, take the associated online exam.
Target Audience: Physicians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants (particularly those working in the fields of oncology, family medicine, general medicine, and geriatrics), training program directors (particularly of oncology fellowships, palliative medicine fellowships, geriatrics fellowships, and family practice residencies), oncology nurses, oncology social workers, palliative care nurses, and therapists treating patients with cancer.
8.50 Contact Hours
Valid for nursing contact hours through October 31, 2014.
The Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association is approved by California Board of Registered Nursing (provider # CEP 7976) as a provider for continuing education for nurses.